Exporting a Glider

Between EU Countries

  • No procedure. The EASA CofA issued by the IAA is accepted in EU Countries. The documents must be returned to the IAA once the glider is transferred. The ARC remains valid until it expires even if a new C of A is obtained.
  • De-register using the procedure below
  • For a glider to remain on the Irish Register, the owner and the glider must be resident in Ireland.

Outside EU including the UK

  • Apply for an Export C of A
  • Procedure is similar to initial issue a C of A – complete IAA Form F.104.B.
    • The only additional item is to add the country of export to Section 4 of Form F104.B
  • De-register as below

De registering a Glider

Write a letter to the Registrations Section at the IAA as early as possible

  • Requesting de-registration of the glider stating
    • Registration
    • Make
    • Serial Number
    • Country to which the glider is being exported (The IAA will notify the authority in that state)
  • Include a letter signed by all registered owners requesting de-registration
  • Remove the registration letters from the fuselage sides and under the port wing
  • Remove the fire proof plate
    • Photograph to provide evidence
  • Removal of fire-proof plate and registration letters requires a completed and signed Form 203 to record the work.

The IAA will provide a de-registration certificate and will require return of the Cert of Registration and the C of A. The current ARC remains with the glider. The process takes about 10 days