Irish Gliding & Soaring Association
How do I organise an annual inspection of my glider?
You, the OWNER, will need to:
- Contact the IGSA CAO who will arrange for Certified Staff (CS) to maintain and inspect your glider,
- Sign a Work Order contained with the form – Form 200 (Annual) or Form 203 (other work).
- Liaise with the CS re the required maintenance and inspection,
- Have all flights to date written into the log-book,
- Check for any new ADs which may have been issued since the last inspection,
- Confirm that your flight / maintenance manual is up to date,
- Check that any instruments which require calibration (for most gliders, these are the ASI & the altimeter) are within their specified periodic calibration window,
- Provide CS with a copy of the insurance certificate,
- File all of the above documents (including any Form 1s, Certificates of Conformity, instrument calibrations, etc.) in the glider maintenance file.
- If an MPLA is in use, review the MPLA and complete a PARCL from.
- Pay the appropriate fee
The Certifying Staff will :
- Inspect the aircraft,
- Complete Form 200 Glider Annual Maintenance Workpack, which will include details of all work done and use Form 202 to record actions and independent inspections.
- Complete Form 208 (if the glider has been re-weighed as part of the annual),
- Check that the flight/maintenance manual is the current version,
- Insert the appropriate entries into the log-book to record the work which has taken place (i.e. the maintenance (including any ADs) & the inspection.
- Hand completed documents including the CRS to the owner
- Retain a copy of the workpack and store a copy in the IGSA files both physical and cloud.
How do I organise an ARC review for my glider?
Contact the IGSA CAO, who will arrange for an Airworthiness Review for your glider,
- The Airworthiness Review Officer (ARO) will liaise with you re a suitable time for the review,
- Sign the workorder contained within the Form 112
- The ARO will review all the documentation presented, with a number of elements examined in detail,
- A physical survey of the glider will also take place,
- Review the SDMP if one is in use, using a Form 221. The ARO may recommend revision the SDMP.
- If all is well, the ARO will then issue the ARC and advise the IAA.
- Retain a copy of the 112 form, SDMP review and ARC in the IGSA Files.
And What do I do Then?